Monday, June 20, 2005

"Iron" Mike Tyson

A side track from soccer, as there is really not much action on the field now. While waiting for a new season to start, I will take some time to mention about one of my sports idol ----Mike Tyson, or some might called him "Iron" Mike Tyson.

I first saw Tyson played when I am still a teenager, about 14 years old. I can still remembered how he finished up his opponents in a few second time. He is a great warrior at that time. The way he fought, was so fast,furious and agressive. He would never moved back a step, he goes all out, gives everything he have, the ultimate target is to knock out his opponents.None of the boxer can really match him.

However, although the 38 years old boxer, hoping to revitalize his career in the last Saturday match, Tyson (50-6, 2 NC, 44 KOs) threw everything he could, was still being defeated by his largest opponent to date (McBride weighed in at 271 pounds), in the 7th round of the match. At this moment, I think even the most die hard fan of Tyson, will know that it is the final chapter of boxing’s most fascinating character.

Tyson, wished you and your family well, not to be mean, but just retire for good. Forget about the US$30m debt, just file for bankruptcy. Take good care of your family and children. Just like what yourself had said, "I don't have the guts for it. I'm not going to disgrace the sport."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home