Thursday, October 06, 2005

Monaco defend Guidolin appointment

Some news from France Soccer scence...

The decision to appoint Guidolin came as a surprise with most observers expecting former Lyon boss Paul Le Guen to be named the next Monaco coach.

"He is a famous coach who has all the needed qualities," said Pastor. "He has signed until 2007 and I hope we will go far together. "

"People ask me why we have chosen Guidolin. But you could also have asked Mr Campora (former Monaco chairman) why he chose Deschamps. "

"We met Mr Le Guen but maybe he doesn't want to quit his sabbatical year. I met Raynald Denoueix and other French coaches but they didn't match what we were looking for. "

Perhaps Guidolin doesn't know Ligue 1 but the most important thing is his desire to have success and he considers Monaco as a quality club." Former Genoa boss Guidolin admits he had no qualms about accepting the position.

Guidolin told Corriere dello Sport: "Monaco contacted me a week ago. I went there and I immediately understood it was the right chance. "I'm pleased they have bet on me to earn good results. I've been on a list with other important contemporaries and I won. "

"I hope to be equal to this task."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home