Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Owen not wanted to move abroad again

England striker Michael Owen revealed that he will not play club football abroad again in the future.
The 25-year-old signed for Newcastle United for a club record 17 million pounds after spending just one season with Spanish giants Real Madrid.
And he insisted that he had enough of life abroad to last him a lifetime.

"I very much doubt I will go abroad again," he told BBC Radio Five Live.

"I wanted to see what it was like. I have opened my eyes to it now.

"But I love living at home. I knew I would always be coming back to the Premiership, it was just a matter of how many years.

"I was open-minded about going to Spain but I always knew that the Premiership was where I wanted to come back to," he added.

"I had a good time in Madrid, both on and off the pitch but I missed the UK weather, I missed the food, the Premiership and being around English people.

"It is where I was born and brought up and where I have always played my football.

"I was looking forward to getting back and now I'm back I'm enjoying every minute of it."

Owen expects to be fully fit for Saturday's World Cup qualifier against Austria after a dead leg kept him out of Newcastle's match at Portsmouth on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home