Sunday, October 09, 2005

Cisse : "I want to fight for my 1st place!"

Liverpool FC striker Djibril Cisse has revealed he was determined to fight for a regular starting place before leaving Anfield.

The French international striker has been out of favour with Reds manager Rafael Benitez, and media of both sides of the Channel were quick to fuel in rumours the former Auxerre would be on the go.

Repeatedly linked with French outfit Olympique de Marseille since the summer transfer window, sports newspapers suggested the young forward was set to leave Anfield and put a premature end to his Liverpool career, but Cisse officially reassured the Reds fans he was not to leave Merseyside without a fight.

"Following rumours in some of the English press, I want to emphasise that I love being in England and at Liverpool - and I want to stay and fight for my place. I have said all along I don't want to go. I want to stay and I want to play,” Cisse told the club’s official website.

“I enjoy myself here in Liverpool, I feel it is my home and I want my future to be here,” he added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home